Welcome!

Thanks for dropping by my niche in the universe.

I write contemporary romance. Building families--one romance at a time.





Friday, March 25, 2011

2011 Golden Heart Finalist

I have to admit, two years ago I had no idea why people went crazy the day the Finalists for the Golden Heart and RITAs were announced. Of course, that was because I'd never been a finalist.
In 2010 I was thrilled when Steel Hearts was a finalist in the Single Title Cateory. I joined the Unsinkables, the class of 2010 Golden Heart Finalists. I have learned so much from the group. The Unsinkable have supported me, advised me and commiserated with me.
So as March 25, 2011 approached, I finally understood why people fret. this year, I felt I had to prove 2010 wasn't a fluke. Unfortunately, GH judging is very subjective.
So last night I plugged my cell phone in next to my bed. (I couldn't remember what phone number RWA had.) Then I made sure the alarm was set, because last year the call woke me up.
Well I didn't wake to a GH call. In fact, I decided to exercise -- Wii Fit. Wouldn't want to be at the YMCA if the Call came in. First time I've exercised and made sure the phone was in reach.
Thank goodness I did. Just as I finished up my 30 jackknifes -- ughh -- the phone rang.
I can't even tell you the name of the board member who called. She was very nice, but the name slipped by me -- all I heard was RWA and SAVANNAH SIGHS was a finalist in the Contemporary Series Category.
I emailed my critique partners and family. Then I headed over to the Ruby Slippered Sisterhood for the craziness. By the time I caught my chapter loop, I already had congratulations waiting for me. It's a wonderful feeling. By midmorning I already received an agent request.
I'm looking forward to a wonderful time up through the end of June and the Grand Finale in New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment